Answers to your FAQs can be found in the drop-down menu below. If you can’t find an answer to a question about our school or our courses, please contact us, using the form below:
We offer the following standard subjects in both the Australian and British curriculums:
Very shortly, we will have the following special subjects available for both Australian and British curriculums:
- English as a Second Language
However, in the near future, we aim to offer the following courses for the British curriculum:
- Computer Science
We’re a new school, so we have courses coming online every month. So watch this space!
We have courses available for secondary students in both Australian and British curriculums, from Year 7 (approximately 12 years old) to Year 12 (approximately 17 years old).
You can only purchase courses under a Membership Plan.
See the subscription plans FAQ or click on the link above for more information.
We offer three Membership Plans:
- Humanities: AUD$29 per month (which totals AUD$348 per year). This gives you access to – all History and Geography courses, for all year levels. Payment is collected every calendar month, (12 months) so that you only pay one month in advance. Your subscription can only be cancelled at the end of the month so you don’t pay for the next month if you don’t want to.
- Core Subjects: AUD$39 per month (which totals AUD$468 per year). This gives you access to – all English, Maths and Science courses, for all year levels. Payment is collected every calendar month, (12 months) so that you only pay one month in advance. Your subscription can only be cancelled at the end of the month so you don’t pay for the next month if you don’t want to.
- Full: AUD$59 per month (which totals AUD$708 per year). This gives you access to – all subjects, for all year levels. Payment is collected every calendar month, (12 months) so that you only pay one month in advance. Your subscription can only be cancelled at the end of the month so you don’t pay for the next month if you don’t want to.
Our lessons are composed of 3 main parts:
- The video lesson – this is a high-quality recording of a lesson delivered using PowerPoint. The lesson contains educational videos, quizzes, matching activities, writing activities, reading activities and much more – all contained within the one video lesson. Students can pause this lesson at any time to complete the activities and then continue on when they’re ready. All the answers are provided to activities in the video, so parents don’t need to help their child – lessons are entirely self-directed.
- Extra Resources – this section of the lesson is devoted to any extra resources students might need, or homework worksheets. Resources are in PDF form and can be printed out and completed by the student. In most cases, answers are provided, but not always – it depend son the nature of the worksheet.
- The last component of our lessons is the quiz. Sometimes there is a quiz at the end of the lesson, sometimes this quiz is at the end of the unit. It depends on the subject.
Students are assessed in two ways:
- Formative assessment – these are quizzes and activities that students complete during the lesson, to check for understanding.
- Summative assessment – This is in the form of ‘End of Unit Quizzes’ – students complete these at the end of each course. Students must receive a passing grade of 50% to receive a Quiz Certificate and must complete all quizzes and lessons in a course to receive a Course Certificate.
When a parent registers with our site, they will be granted access to their personal account page which gives information about their registration date, what subscription plan they have signed up to and what courses their child is undertaking or completed, as well as their results for the End of Unit Quizzes that their child has completed.
We want parents to be happy with their choice to educate their child with the quality lessons provided by Voyager School.
So, the refund policy is as follows:
- For the purchase of individual courses – no refunds are available. We provide free lessons for parents and students to trial on our website, to enable them to judge the quality of our lessons before they agree to purchase an individual course.
- For monthly subscriptions – parents can cancel their monthly subscription at the end of the first month if they wish.
- For yearly subscriptions – subscriptions can be cancelled after the first month, however a cancellation fee of $100 applies.
We are absolutely Child Safe!
The owner of this site holds a Queensland Government Blue Card which certifies that they have undergone a Criminal Check by the Queensland Police.
The owner is also a registered teacher in Queensland.
Any staff who work for Voyager School also hold a Blue Card or similar card in their home state in Australia.
The teachers who create lessons for Voyager School are highly qualified and experienced.
Our lessons are created with sound pedagogical principles that incorporate the best methods for students learning online.
The teachers have experience teaching the curriculums that they design lessons for. We would never ask a teacher to design lessons in a subject that they hadn’t taught before.